A new year always comes with a fresh start. We usually use the new year as a excuse to set new goals or resolutions for a fresh start. We can’t really be fussed with resolutions so we prefer setting goals. Keep reading if you want to see what are our personal and blogging goals!
Our goals for 2017
- Leave that frustrating job situation I’m in and get a job. In the UK or somewhere else in Europe, I’m not going to be fussy. And it would be a cool opportunity to learn an additional language. Just get a job that I’d reallyfeel super exciting about every morning on my way there.
- Reach 15000 followers on my personal Instagram, @teaandcherry.
- Go back to writing and particularly to the one book I started ages ago. I saw my fifteen and then twenty years old self writing it and changing it. It’s time that my twenty-four year old self gets her hands on it and tries to finish it.
- Start eating healthier, stop eating junk food out of laziness and stop spending my money on so many takeaways instead of something more meaningful such as a nice designer bag or a weekend away.
- Experience more. I spend my weekends on my laptop, watching TV shows and scrolling my Facebook feed. I have some things done over the weekend such as blog posts and pictures but that’s it. I have been in Scotland for a year and a half now and all I know of it are Glasgow and Edinburgh. While there is Saint-Andrew, Loch Lomond, Glencoe, the Highlands, Inverness, Isle of Skye…
- Travel more. Which goes back to what I said earlier. And since a resolution of mine is to stop ordering takeaway, I’ll have more money for weekends away. Dublin to see my brother, Munich so see a uni friend, Prague with Bae, Copenhagen, etc.
- Start to learn German, maybe.
- Lose weight (for real this time), like Corinne I really need to stick to a healthy diet for more than a week.. I already workout or have some sort of physical activity nearly everyday so I can’t increase that too much.. I just need to slow down on the chocolate & cookies (ugh!)
- Workout more: I know I said I couldn’t but by that I mean do some abs at least once a day, do some exercices to tone my arms and boobs (yes…). Just simple little exercices that can help if done everyday.
- Travel more: Even if I’m not earning a lot of money I would like to travel to places I’ve never been this year, even if it’s just for a weekend. Being in Europe we can get around quite easily and there are a lot of countries around us so I really want to explore them. If you know any good deals leave them in the comments 😀
- Save money: To travel you need money, so I want to stop buying unnecessary things just because they are cute or not that expensive. I really want to put my money towards important projects like travelling or for the day I’ll move out from my parents house.
- Move back to the UK: One of my main goals this year is moving back to the UK. I miss it too much!
- Find a job in my field: In order to move back to the UK I need to find a job there. I would like to find a job I know I will love, a job in my field (marketing & communication) and that will allow me to grow and that offers opportunities.
- Get back to drawing: I took art for my baccalaureate (A levels in the UK) so used to draw a lot and since Uni I stopped as I had less time. Now that I have time I want to get back to it. I also want to start a scrapbook to keep all my memories and photos in it. These days we rarely print our photos, they stay on our phone or computer and we don’t look at them. So I want to print them up and keep them in a scrapbook.
- Set a goal: For this one I want to reach 1000 followers on my personal instagram account @glitterandspiice
- Reach 4000 followers on Twitter, 15OO on Facebook, 500 on Instagram and 500 on Bloglovin.
- Revamp the blog, get a look that would be more personal to us and that would improving the overall visual quality of the blog.
- Learn more about photography and photo editing to improve our photos.
- Learn more about SEO and improving the SEO on our blog.
- Get to work with more amazing fashion and beauty brands from the United Kingdom and overseas (if you are interested email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 😀).
- Have Corinne and Kirsty in the same town, or at least the same country.
- Find new interesting content.
- Build our newsletter, a proper one!
We’re really ambitious for 2017 and will make sure we achieve our personal and professional objective. We are super excited for the year to come and hope you are too.
Do you have goals for this year? Tell us everything! 🙂
See you next time, love
Corinne and Kirsty
You can also find us here