Today is the 12th of February and also the anniversary of our first blog post. Our blog turned one year old today. We’re such proud mums! When we look back at how it all started, we clearly see how far we have been and how amazing this adventure has been.
Just as a reminder, here how Corinne and Kirsty met. We completed an internship in the same start-up in London, started to hang out, go clubbing together and became really good friends. When we both left London, Kirsty moving to Rouen and Corinne heading up to Edinburgh, we kept in touch. Both our heads full of projects, we decided to start a blog together and here we are.
Remember our first post? What to know before going out in London. We learnt so much since. We have improved. Not only our writing but our SEO, social media and photography skills. We’ve read a lot of advice from fellow bloggers and books. However, we know we still have loads to learn and that’s what makes the adventure so exciting.
So let’s have a little round up of our achievement during the past year. One year of blogging, it’s:
- 74 posts published, including this one. And twice as much in the pipeline.
- 1490 followers on Twitter, 7500+ tweets, 900 photos or videos and 16.2k likes. We’d like to reach 3000 by the end of the year. We know we can do it. Engagement, interactions and blogger chats.
- 895 followers on our Facebook page. Our goal for this year is to reach 1500 by December.
- 123 followers on Pinterest, 133 on Bloglovin. We want to grow both channels in 2017 so don’t hesitate to give us a follow!
- An Instagram account that went on and off at least three times and that now has 370 followers. We’re trying to build it as a gallery but would like to make it more human and personal. Hence, you’ll see our faces more often!
- Loads of props, magazines, paper boards, trendy homeware and makeup bought just because they were Instagrammable.
- 19 brand collaborations. Beauty, fashion or lifestyle. Undisclosed or worldwide famous. We don’t discriminate. And we hope we’ll get to work with more awesome brands in 2017!
- Seeing the difference between the pictures we took a year ago and now. They are cleaner, neater, whiter. They are much more beautiful. It’s also seeing the interface of the blog when we started and the layout now. How beautiful is it now?!
- Realizing that we both want to live in London and will make it happen. We’re betting on a reunion in September!
A lot has happened in one year of blogging. We love it more and more and have so many goals! We also have a giveaway on Twitter coming up soon. One year, it’s an occasion to celebrate and to treat our amazing and supportive followers! We’ll keep you posted!
How long have you been blogging? How many anniversaries? How do you feel after one other year has gone?
We hope you liked this post. Thank you for reading.
See you soon.
Corinne & Kirsty
You can also find us here