As you may have noticed it has been really hot these last few weeks! If most of us like ice cream, I know some of you who don’t. However, all of you like a nice piece of cake right? So follow me to discover today’s “refreshing” recipe 🙂
Lemon & Lime Summer Cake
One of my favourite cakes is the classic lemon drizzle cake. I love anything lemony! This is why I’ve decided to share this recipe with you today 🙂 I think that lemon cakes are perfect for summer. They feel light and taste a little refreshing. After playing around with the original recipe, to make it lighter and more interesting, I finally have I recipe I love! And here it is… the Lemon & Lime drizzle cake 🙂
You will need
- 1.5 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 lime
1. Start by preheating your oven at 180°C.
2. In the meantime, mix the flour, sugar, milk and eggs together until you get a smooth mixture.
3. Then grate your lime to collect the zests and add them to the mix. Mix well and add the poppy seeds and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
4. Cook for 30 – 35 mins.
5. Once your cooked, mix 1/4 cup sugar with the juice of the lime and pour over you cake while it is still hot.
Wait for your cake to cool down and the topping to harden before eating. It goes so well with fresh lemonade, or you could try it with our homemade peach & red fruit iced tea 🙂
What is you favorite cake? I would love to know if you have changed a recipe too and what you have come up with 😀
See you soon, love