It seems that lemon-based treats are a thing on Corinne & Kirsty. We already have two lemon cake recipes here and here. And we are not going to stop any time soon. Lemon is such a great fruit to work with. To make your afternoon look much more exciting, we’re bringing you a super delicious yet easy recipe for a lemon meringue pie! Ready, set, bake!
-1 Shortcrust pastry roll
-180g white sugar
-20cl crème fraîche
-150g icing sugar
1. Pre-heat your over at temperature 180°C. Spread the pastry in a round baking pan. Pierce with a fork in multiple places. Put baking beans on top. Bake for ten minutes in the oven.
2. In a bowl, put two full eggs and two yolks. Set the two whites apart. Add the crême fraîche and the sugar. Mix thoroughly.
3. Grate the lemons to retrieve the zests. Then, squeeze them for the juice. Mix the lemon juice and zest with the mixture.
4. Take the baking pan out of the oven. Remove the baking beans. Add the lemony mixture. Bake for thirty minutes.
5. In another bowl, use the two whites you had previously set apart. Add two other whites. Whip them to a light mousse. Add the icing sugar, little by little, still whipping.
6. After the thirty minutes have gone, add the meringue mixture on top of the pie. You can dry patterns on the surface with a spoon or a fork. Put it back in the oven for ten minutes.
7. Leave the pie on the oven (turned off) for 40 minutes so that the top of the meringue gets crunchy.
8. Pour yourself a cup of tea, get a slice and enjoy!
So, what do you think? Do you love lemon meringue pie? Or just lemon based cakes? Are you hungry now? Wanna bake a pie soon?
Hope you liked the recipe.
Thanks for reading.
See you soon,