December 31st is the only night the whole world literally parties together… so this got us thinking. We already wanted to do the “What’s in my bag” tag, but thought we could make it a little different by doing a post about what’s in our party bags 🙂
Our Party Essentials
Choosing the right bag
When it comes to parties, for us at least, the choice of the bag itself is very, very… very important! Depending on the type of party you are doing to you don’t want it to be too big, nor too small. For instance if you are going to a house party, you are sorted! You can bring any bag, you won’t have to carry it around all night. If you are going to a night club, it’s kind of the same deal (god bless cloak rooms!), but you also need to be careful! On some busy nights (like New Years Eve) if you are not there early enough the cloak room will be full and you will have to cary your bag all night long (unless you can put it down), so it would be wise to take the minimum, that would fit in a small bag. For cocktail parties, you normally have the cloak room option, but come on, let’s be honest here… Cocktail parties is THE time you can show of you best manicure, best hair do, best makeup, best jewellery, best everything! Including your best bag! It’s the time to shine, to buy that sparkly sequined OTT clutch bag you saw on ASOS and didn’t buy because “I’m never going to be able to wear it..”. Well now you can! Fantastic! Now let’s see what you absolutely need to put in it.
What to put in my bag
Small bags mean small contents, but that does not mean you can’t fit everything you need in that bag. Here is a list of what we consider essentials, and a few tips on how to fit everything in your clutch.
A girl’s essentials
- Red lipstick or lipgloss (or the lipstick you have decided to wear)
- Pocket mirror
- Mattifying powder + brush
- Hair brush
- Nail file
- Hand sanitizer
- ID card
- Debit card
- £5 note
So of course some of these items can be quite big and inconvenient to bring with you on a night out, but we have our little tricks and alternatives that can make life much easier 😉
Tips from party girls to another
- Mattifying powder + brush: you can find compact mattifying powders but if you don’t want to buy another one, or can’t spend the extra cash, you can sap your normal brush for that little brush that came with your compact blush or use a retractable brush.
- Hairbrush: this isn’t a secret anymore, you can get retractable hair brushes which is very useful and handy when you have a small bag!
- Perfume: some perfume gift sets come with a small roll-on edition and/or a small solide version or the perfume. You can also sometimes buy these sample sized editions which are really great for travelling or a night out. You can also get refillable perfume atomizers that you fill with your own perfume and that isn’t bigger than a Mac lipstick!
- Debit card + cash: instead of walking around with your purse full of old tickets & loyalty cards (that you will not use) just select the loyalty cards you will definitely need, your debit card and some cash and put these in a small card holder. You will gain space and time!
Items to put on your wishlist
Compact mattifying powders + brushes:
- Bourgeois Silk Edition Compact Powder + sponge – Boots £8.99
- Benefit Professional: Agent Zero Shine Mattifier – Boots £23.50
- EcoTools Recycled Retractable Kabuki Brush – Boots £9.74
- Real Technique Retractable Kabuki Brush – Boots £7.99
- Travel Perfume Pod – Boots £7.99
We hope you have enjoyed this blogpost and that some of the tips will come in handy 🙂
What are your party essentials? Any tips?
See you soon, love
Corinne & Kirsty
You can also find us here